The whole point of Combat Boots is to show that for every two miles our military men and women walk in their boots there are people back home waiting for them that have to walk a mile in their own. You'll find my story here as well as some things to do while your own loved one is over sees. I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to comment with your own stories!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Odd One Out

Now that Trevor is gone I feel like the odd one out when it comes to hanging out with our friends. Last night it was me, my friend and her two kids, then her friend and her kid, then assorted husbands and Marine friends. I had no baby to fuss over so I felt weird hanging out with them while they were fussing over their babies. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy they are my friends, I just have no experience with kids smaller that 6. New borns are lost on me.

So as it happened, I ended up playing beer pong outside with the guys which was more fun but awkward in itself. One, I hate drinking beer. Two, I hate drinking light beer, it makes me want to vomit. And after there balled cups, I almost did. But these guys knew each other. Two of them went to high school together and they all work together. I am not even going to pull out the sex card and say I was the only girl. Even if I did have a penis I would of felt awkward. After a few beers and a Slippery Nipple things got better.

I have come to terms with the fact that there is no way I will be able to get through this deployment alone. It is hard to open up to people I know well and I don't know my new friends that well, because they are new. New friends scare me! The awkward will go away faster if I get over that though...

No comments:

Post a Comment