The whole point of Combat Boots is to show that for every two miles our military men and women walk in their boots there are people back home waiting for them that have to walk a mile in their own. You'll find my story here as well as some things to do while your own loved one is over sees. I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to comment with your own stories!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Let's get this Bitch Over With

All last night and this morning I was thinking about what I should say to Trevor when he is about to get on the bus to deploy and I couldn't think of anything good enough. I kept thinking of mushy things to say like "Be safe, I'll be waiting" and everything else that seemed like it came straight from The Notebook. It made me more and more upset thinking about it and more frustrated that I couldn't come up with anything. After all, he knew I was going to be here when he came back and that I was going to write him a million letters.

Then this morning while he was getting dressed, Trevor said the six words that I never would had thought of. Let's get this bitch over with. It was so simple and it was what we both had been thinking for over a month. We just wanted his deployment to start so he could come home and we could go back to the way things were.

I don't think he knows what those words did for me. I managed to get him to the buses and watch them load the trucks with bags without turning into a sobbing mess like I thought I would.

It made me think that deployment is like getting your wisdom teeth taken out. You are numb for awhile, then it hurts and then after some time you go back to the way things were.

No comments:

Post a Comment