The whole point of Combat Boots is to show that for every two miles our military men and women walk in their boots there are people back home waiting for them that have to walk a mile in their own. You'll find my story here as well as some things to do while your own loved one is over sees. I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to comment with your own stories!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Negative Space

Before Christmas I went crazy with decorating. I put flashing lights up on the walls and stuck up all the Christmas cards we got up with stocking and little felt penguins. I even covered the kitchen cabinets with candy cane stripped wrapping paper.

I finally took that all down today and I didn't realize how much wall space all that stuff was taking up. There are huge bare spots everywhere and it feels like it did when we first moved in. Now that Trevor is gone along with all the stuff covering the walls everything feels empty here and I am not sure what to do about it.

As an artist I am so used to covering up the blank spots and this time I can't. It is totally out of my control and it is freaking me out.

Something I have always struggled with as an artist and a person was appreciating negative space...

No comments:

Post a Comment